Third Evaluation Conference in the Western Balkans and Southeast Europe
Event: Third Evaluation Conference in the Western Balkans and Southeast Europe
Date: 8-9 November 2019
Location: Belgrade, Republic of Serbia
Western Balkan Evaluation Network (WBEN) and Informal Network of Evaluators of Serbia (NeMeS/INES) in cooperation with national evaluation networks in the Western Balkans and with support of the local partners – SeCons Development Initiative Group, Institute of Economic Sciences, Vesta Capital are jointly organizing the 3rd Regional Conference of Evaluators in the Western Balkans and Southeast Europe. Conference will host distinguished academics, researchers, policy-makers and experts in the field of evaluation. The 3rd regional conference is organized under the title:
Evaluation – Public need and/or political accountability?
Program Committee of the 3rd Regional Conference of Evaluators in the Western Balkans and Southeast Europe have the pleasure of inviting the members of the evaluation networks, evaluation practitioners, public servants, representatives of the international organizations and other parties dealing with the theoretical and empirical aspects of evaluation of public policies, programmes and projects to apply for the participation at the Conference and/or submit their abstracts by September 1, 2019 at the latest. More information about the conference are also available at the INES/NeMES webpage: http://www.evamreza.rs/
Working language of the Conference is English. Authors are allowed to submit abstracts in English or local languages (Serbian, Bosnian, Montenegrin, Croatian, Macedonian, Slovenian).
Main topics of the Conference
1. Evaluation challenges in the WB region
2. Evaluation of the public policies, programmes and projects – local and international experience
3. DRG-LER (Democracy, Human rights and Governance – learning, evaluation and research)
4. SDG and Evaluation
5. Experiences from evaluating EU support programmes (IPA II, IPARD, FP7, Erasmus +, EUREKA, HORIZON 2020, COST, COSME)
6. Evaluation in Education
7. Development of the Evaluation Communities (national, regional and global level)
Authors are kindly invited to submit the abstract for the conference (template for provided in the attachment of the Call), with the following information:
1. Name, Surname, Organisation, Contact details (e-mail, telefon, adresa)
2. Title of the presentation (up to 10 words)
3. Abstract - 300-500 words long including the following elements:
- short description of the problem
- research objective(s)
- main results and findings
- concluding remarks including the evaluation methods used and/or experience in evaluation networking activities
- literature (3-5 main sources)
4. For the participation in PLENARY OR PARALLEL SESSIONS authors are required to prepare 10-15 minutes long presenations in ppt or similar format.
5. For the participation in POSTER session, authors are required to prepare schematic / graphic presentation of the chosen topic that will be exposed in the conference hall during the breaks between the sessions.
Deadline for the abstract submission is September 1, 2019. Authors will receive notification on the acceptance of their abstracts by September 10, 2019.
Research abstracts could be submitted through one of the following e-mail adressess:
Svetlana Stanarević, email@example.com (Serbia);
Mihajlo Đukić, firstname.lastname@example.org (Serbia);
Rijad Kovač, email@example.com (Bosnia and Herzegovina);
Marijana Sumpor, firstname.lastname@example.org, (Croatia),
Vlatko Danilov, email@example.com (Macedonia),
Ljiljana Jovović, firstname.lastname@example.org (Montenegro),
Bojan Radej, email@example.com (Slovenia);
All authors interested to submit full papers (up to 16 pages) will receive detailed full paper instructions. Depending on the number and quality of the received papers, Program Committee keeps right to publish them within Thematic proceedings or in some of the relevant scientific journals in the Republic of Serbia.
Register to the event here